- Fine art is defined as drawing, sculpting, painting, literature, music, dance, architecture and theatre, or a product of these disciplines.
An example of fine art is a Picasso painting.
Painting is one example of fine art.
- any of the art forms that include drawing, painting, sculpture, and ceramics, or occasionally, architecture, literature, music, dramatic art, or dancing: usually used in pl.
- artistic objects, as paintings, sculpture, etc. collectively: an exhibition of fine art
- any highly creative or intricate skill
Origin of fine artorigin, originally considered purely aesthetic, as distinguished from the “useful” arts
- a. Art produced or intended primarily for beauty rather than utility.b. often fine arts Any of the art forms, such as sculpture, painting, or music, used to create such art.
- Something requiring highly developed techniques and skills: the fine art of teaching.