- Fine art is defined as drawing, sculpting, painting, literature, music, dance, architecture and theatre, or a product of these disciplines.
An example of fine art is a Picasso painting.
Painting is one example of fine art.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- any of the art forms that include drawing, painting, sculpture, and ceramics, or occasionally, architecture, literature, music, dramatic art, or dancing: usually used in pl.
- artistic objects, as paintings, sculpture, etc. collectively: an exhibition of fine art
- any highly creative or intricate skill
Origin: origin, originally considered purely aesthetic, as distinguished from the “useful” arts
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a. Art produced or intended primarily for beauty rather than utility.b. Any of the art forms, such as sculpture, painting, or music, used to create such art. Often used in the plural.
- Something requiring highly developed techniques and skills: the fine art of teaching.