- a person who fiddles
- fiddler crab
- One who plays the fiddle.
- One who fiddles.
- A burrowing crab of the genus Gelasimus, of many species. The male has one claw very much enlarged, and often holds it in a position similar to that in which a musician holds a fiddle.
- The common European sandpiper (Tringoides hypoleucus); so called because it continually oscillates its body.
fiddle + -er
- If you've ever seen Fiddler on the Roof, you are probably familiar with the concept of match makers.
- Among the productions he appeared in were Fiddler on the Roof, The Music Man, Grease and Peter Pan.
- Her career on Broadway is extensive, with plays such as Ragtime, Fiddler on the Roof, and Spring Awakening, and she appears on some of the original cast recordings for these plays.
- Fiddler on the Roof: This well loved musical about three young women coming of age in the Ukraine is probably one of the best known musicals of the century.
- He later won his first Academy Award for his adapted score in the 1971 film Fiddler on the Roof.