- any person or thing of comparatively light weight or small size
- an unimportant person or thing
- a boxer between a junior featherweight and a junior lightweight, with a maximum weight of 126 pounds (57.15 kg)
- the minimum weight that a racehorse may carry in a handicap
- of featherweights
- light or trivial
See featherweight in American Heritage Dictionary 4
a. A weight division in professional boxing having an upper limit of 126 pounds (56.7 kilograms), between junior featherweight and junior lightweight.
b. A boxer competing in this weight division.
c. A similar weight division in other sports, such as weightlifting.
d. A contestant in this weight division.
- A person or thing of little weight or size.
- An insignificant person: a political featherweight.
- Of or relating to featherweights.
- Unimportant; trivial: featherweight political issues.
Learn more about featherweight