feathering definition by Webster's New World
- the act of one who feathers
- feathers collectively
- long hair on the ears, legs, tail, or body of a dog
feathering definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The feathers fitted to an arrow.
- A fringe of hair on an animal's coat, especially on a dog's leg.
feathering definition by Wiktionary
- Present participle of feather.
feathering - Computer Definition
The appearance of jagged edges on moving objects in an interlaced display. Also known as "combing," this artifact is created because the image moves from one video field (odd lines displayed) to the next video field (even lines filled in while odd lines still present). Feathering is more noticeable on a large-screen TV than a small one because the lines are thicker. See interlace.