- a part, tail, or end spread out like an opened fan
- the overhanging portion of the stern on some ships
- the part of the main deck at the stern
- any of various birds with a very broad tail, as a variety of pigeon
- Any of a breed of domestic pigeons having a rounded, fan-shaped tail.
- Any of several birds of the genus Rhipidura of eastern Asia and Australia, having a long, fan-shaped tail.
- Any of a breed of goldfish having a wide, fanlike double tail fin.
- A fanlike tail or end.
- Nautical The stern overhang of a ship.