- Extrapolated is defined as to have estimated, hypothesized or speculated.
An example of extrapolated is to have estimated final numbers from a preliminary chart.
- simple past tense and past participle of extrapolate
Variant of extrapolate
intransitive verbextrapolated, extrapolating
- Statistics to estimate or infer (a value, quantity, etc. beyond the known range) on the basis of certain variables within the known range, from which the estimated value is assumed to follow
- to arrive at (conclusions or results) by hypothesizing from known facts or observations
- to speculate as to consequences on the basis of (known facts or observations)
Origin of extrapolateClassical Latin extra (see extra-) + (inter)polate