- Experimentalism is defined as the practice of conducting studies, or a love for new experiences.
An example of experimentalism is a chemist's interest in testing compounds.
experimentalism definition by Webster's New World
- the theory or practice of depending on experimentation; empiricism
- fondness for experimenting or for new experiences, procedures, etc.
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- experimentalist noun, adjective
experimentalism definition by American Heritage Dictionary
Use of empirical or experimental methods in determining the validity of ideas.
- ex·perˌi·menˈtal·ist noun