- of a country or place: Javanese
- in the language or dialect of: Cantonese
- in the style of: Carlylese
- a person born or living in: Portuguese
- the language or dialect of: Brooklynese
- the style of or the jargon associated with: often used jocularly or derogatorily to form nonce words: journalese
Origin of -eseOld French -eis, Italian -ese ; from Classical Latin -ensis
- Of, relating to, characteristic of, or originating in a specified place: Vietnamese.
- Native or inhabitant of: Taiwanese.
- a. Language or dialect of: Chinese.b. Literary style or diction of: journalese.
Origin of -eseMiddle English, from Italian, from Latin -&emacron;nsis, originating in.