- Capable of being erased: erasable ink.
- Capable of producing something that can be erased: an erasable pen.
(comparative more erasable, superlative most erasable)
- Capable of being erased
Variant of erase
transitive verberased, erasing
- to rub, scrape, or wipe out (esp. written or engraved letters); efface; expunge
- to remove (something recorded) from (magnetic tape)
- to remove any sign of; obliterate, as from the mind
- to remove (data) from a computer storage device
- Slang to kill
Origin of erase; from Classical Latin erasus, past participle of eradere, to scratch out ; from e-, out + radere, to scrape, scratch: see rat