- relating to either of the equinoxes or to equal periods of day and night
- occurring at or about the time of an equinox
Origin of equinoctialMiddle English and amp; Old French equinoxial ; from Classical Latin aequinoctialis
- celestial equator
- a storm occurring at or about the time of an equinox
- Relating to an equinox.
- Relating to the celestial equator.
- A violent storm of wind and rain occurring at or near the time of the equinox.
- See celestial equator.
Origin of equinoctialMiddle English equinoxial, from Old French, from Latin aequinoctiālis, from aequinoctium, equinox; see equinox.
From Latin aequinoctiālis.