- preceded by ten others in a series; 11th
- designating any of the eleven equal parts of something
Origin of eleventhMiddle English elleventhe from Old English endlyfta: see eleven and -th
- the one following the tenth
- any of the eleven equal parts of something;
in the eleventh place, rank, etc.
at the eleventh hour
Origin of eleventhsee Matt. 20:1-16
at the last moment; just before it is too late
- The ordinal number matching the number 11 in a series.
- One of 11 equal parts.
11th, 11th; (in names of monarchs and popes) XI