- of or by an editor
- of or for editing
- characteristic of an editor or editorial; expressing opinion in the manner of an editor: an editorial comment
- denoting or of the stories, articles, etc. of a publication, as distinct from advertisements, pictures, etc.
- The definition of editorial is something related to the content in a newspaper or magazine or something written by an editor.
An example of something that would be described as editorial is a clarification comment written by a magazine editor after a complaint about inaccuracy that is written in the Letters to the Editor section of the magazine.
- An editorial is defined as a statement of opinion by a magazine or newspaper editor or a television or radio station.
An example of an editorial is an article written by the editor of a newspaper detailing his opinion on something.
- An article in a publication expressing the opinion of its editors or publishers.
- A commentary on television or radio expressing the opinion of the station or network.
- Of or relating to an editor or editing: an editorial position with a publishing company; an editorial policy prohibiting the use of unnamed sources.
- Of or resembling an editorial, especially in expressing an opinion: an editorial comment.
- 1863); and Joel Chandler Harris was long a member of the editorial staff.
- The Elohim psalms, then, have undergone a common editorial treatment, distinguishing them from the rest of the Psalter.
- In an editorial note on this case the Law Quarterly Review of Jan.
- But the features which are held to indicate late date may be due to editorial revision.
- In the editorial control of this periodical he was associated with Jared Sparks and Edward T.