also ear lobe
The soft, fleshy, pendulous lower part of the external ear.
- Alternative spelling of ear lobe.
- The best range is to keep them below the earlobe on long hair, and below the eye on short hair; otherwise they may look out of control.
- The infection may spread from the ear to the mastoid bone of the skull, which is the bony bump off the base of the skull, located just behind the ears slightly above the level of the earlobe.
- The level of oxygen in the blood can be measured by taking a blood sample from an artery, or, more easily, using a device called an oximeter, which is clipped to an earlobe.
- Nose rings are not the least painful of body modifications (many consider a simple earlobe piercing to be the least painful), but they are not the most painful either.
- In addition to their excellent astronomy skills, they practiced a wide range of body modifications such as earlobe elongation, jeweled teeth and skull reshaping.