An old cast iron Dutch oven.
Dutch oven definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a heavy metal or enamelware pot with a high, arched lid, for cooking pot roasts, etc.
- a metal container for roasting meats, etc., with an open side placed so that it is toward the fire
- a brick oven whose walls are preheated for cooking
Dutch oven definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A large, heavy pot or kettle, usually of cast iron and with a tight lid, used for slow cooking.
- A metal utensil open on one side and equipped with shelves, placed before an open fire for baking or roasting food.
- A wall oven in which food is baked by means of preheated brick walls.