- a heavy metal or enamelware pot with a high, arched lid, for cooking pot roasts, etc.
- a metal container for roasting meats, etc., with an open side placed so that it is toward the fire
- a brick oven whose walls are preheated for cooking
See Dutch oven in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- A large, heavy pot or kettle, usually of cast iron and with a tight lid, used for slow cooking.
- A metal utensil open on one side and equipped with shelves, placed before an open fire for baking or roasting food.
- A wall oven in which food is baked by means of preheated brick walls.
Learn more about Dutch oven