- The downside is defined as the negative aspects or the disadvantages of something.
An example of the downside of home ownership is the costs and expenses with home upkeep.
- the lower side or part
- a downward trend or financial loss, as on an investment
- any or all of the drawbacks or disadvantages
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The lower side or portion.
- A disadvantageous aspect: an option with a downside as well as benefits.
- A downward tendency, as in the price of a stock.