- The downside is defined as the negative aspects or the disadvantages of something.
An example of the downside of home ownership is the costs and expenses with home upkeep.
downside definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the lower side or part
- a downward trend or financial loss, as on an investment
- any or all of the drawbacks or disadvantages
downside definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The lower side or portion.
- A disadvantageous aspect: an option with a downside as well as benefits.
- A downward tendency, as in the price of a stock.