(dō min′i kən, də-)
- of Saint Dominic
- designating or of a mendicant order founded by him
- of the Dominican Republic
- a member of a mendicant order of friars or nuns founded in 1215 by Saint Dominic
- a person born or living in the Dominican Republic
See Dominican in American Heritage Dictionary 4
Of or relating to the Dominican Republic or its people or culture. noun
- A native or inhabitant of the Dominican Republic.
- A person of Dominican ancestry.
noun Roman Catholic Church
A member of an order of preaching friars established in 1216 by Saint Dominic.