- having to do with or originating with Jesus as the Lord
- having to do with the Lord's Day (Sunday)
Origin of dominicalMiddle English from Ecclesiastical Medieval Latin dominicalis, of the Lord (Jesus) from Ecclesiastical Late Latin Dominicus, of the Lord from L, belonging to a master from dominus, a master: see dominate
- Of or associated with Jesus as the Lord.
- Relating to Sunday as the Lord's day.
Origin of dominicalLate Latin dominicālis from Latin dominicus of a lord from dominus lord ; see dem- in Indo-European roots.
- (rare) Pertaining to the day of the Lord (i.e., Jesus): Sunday.
- Pertaining to the dominical letter, an ancient system for determining Sundays (especially Easter Sunday) in any given year.
- (obsolete) Sunday
- (obsolete) The Lord's Prayer.