A dogpile of kids.
- The definition of a dogpile is a heap of people or things, or a search engine that captures results from several other search engines.
- An example of a dogpile is a bunch of football players piled together in a struggle for the ball.
- An example of Dogpile is a web search engine that includes results from Google, Bing, Yahoo! and Ask.
- Dogpile is defined as to form a heap.
- An example of to dogpile is to leap onto the scorer of a winning goal.
- An example of to dogpile is when many people post responses to show their support or disagreement with a single FaceBook post.
or dog pile Slang
- A heap or cluster of people pressed closely together or piled on top of each other, as in celebration or assault.
- In football, a heap of players that have leapt or fallen on top of a tackled ball carrier or loose football.
- An outpouring of like-minded criticisms or retorts in response to something: the latest critic to join the dogpile condemning the new TV season.
- A deposit of dog excrement.
verbdog·piled, dog·pil·ing, dog·piles or dog piled or dog pil·ing or dog piles
- To form a dogpile around or on top of: The whole team dogpiled the winning pitcher.
- In football, to form a dogpile on top of (a ball carrier or loose football).
- To join in the criticism or condemnation of: angry callers dogpiled the controversial talk-show guest.
- To form a dogpile.
- To join in an outpouring of criticism or condemnation: bloggers dogpiling on the proposed legislation.