- simple past tense and past participle of divine
- Made divine, made holy.
Variant of divine
- of or like God or a god
- given or inspired by God; holy; sacred
- devoted to God; religious; sacrosanct
- having to do with theology
- supremely great, good, etc.
- Informal very pleasing, attractive, etc.
Origin of divineMiddle English and amp; Old French ; from Classical Latin divinus ; from divus, god, deity
- a member of the clergy
- a theologian
transitive verbdivined, divining
- to prophesy
- to guess; conjecture
- to find out by intuition
Origin of divineME devinen < OFr deviner < L divinare < divinus
- to engage in divination
- to make a conjecture
- to use a divining rod