- dish-shaped; concave
- farther apart at the top than at the bottom: said of a pair of wheels having camber
The definition of dished is concave or having a shape that is wider at the top than at the bottom.
An example of something dished is a soup bowl.
- a. Having the hub inset relative to the rim. Used especially of carriage and automobile wheels.b. Having the spokes slightly shorter on one side than on the other. Used of bicycle wheels.
- simple past tense and past participle of dish
- These cars and trucks tend to be made of better quality materials and are able to withstand the punishment dished out when they crash or take a tumble off the track.
- For many, it takes a while to get used to the quicksilver process of online dating, where rejection can be dished out with the click of a mouse.
- My wife looked concerned as she dished out homemade chili and corn bread.
- She dished up some vegetables and glanced at Katie, who was attempting to pile more food on Alex's plate.
- "Katie came by today," she told him as she dished up some mashed potatoes.