The definition of a discography is a collection or list of musical recordings by a performer or composer.
All of the albums made by The Beatles, or a catalog of all of those albums, is an example of discography.
- the systematic cataloging of phonograph records
- a list of the recordings of a particular performer, composer, composition, etc.
Origin of discographydisco- + (biblio)graphy
- The study and cataloging of phonograph records.
- A comprehensive list of the recordings made by a particular performer or of a particular composer's works.
- dis′co·graph′i·cal , dis′co·graph′ic
disc + -ography