a person or thing that diffuses, as a device for distributing light evenly
- One that diffuses, as:a. A light fixture, such as a frosted globe, that spreads light evenly.b. A medium that scatters light, used in photography to soften shadows.c. A device, such as a cone or baffle, placed in front of a loudspeaker diaphragm to diffuse the sound waves.
- A flow passage in a wind tunnel that decelerates a stream of gas or liquid from a high to a low velocity.
- Any person or thing that diffuses.
- A device designed to diffuse a scent efficiently.
- (optics) Any device that or spreads out or scatters light, making the light appear softer.
- (automotive) A shaped section of a car's underbody which improves the car's aerodynamic properties.
- (thermodynamics) A mechanical device that is designed to control the characteristics of a fluid at the entrance to a thermodynamic open system.
- (sewage treatment) An aerating device consisting of a membrane with fine pores, through which air is blown to generate small bubbles.
- (cooking) A cooking item that can be placed above a stove heating element or burner to separate the cooking utensil from the heat source.
- A hairdryer attachment that diffuses the flow of air.
diffuse + -er