- a brief garment worn beneath a jacket, dress, etc. and designed to resemble the collar and front of a shirt, blouse, or sweater
- a child's bib or pinafore
- a small birdalso dickey bird
- the driver's seat in a carriagealso dickey box
- a seat at the back of a carriage, as for servants
- the driver's seat in a carriage
Origin of dickeyfrom the nickname Dick
[Brit.] alt. sp. of dicky
also dick·ie or dick·y
nounpl. dick·eys, also dick·ies
- a. A woman's blouse front worn under a suit jacket or low-necked garment.b. A man's detachable shirt front.c. A collar for a shirt.d. A child's bib or pinafore.
- Chiefly British a. The driver's seat on a carriage.b. A rear seat for servants on a carriage.
Origin of dickeyFrom diminutive of Dick nickname for Richard