- Present participle of dice.
Variant of dice
plural nounsing. die or dice
- small cubes of bone, plastic, etc. marked on each side with a different number of spots (from one to six) and used, usually in pairs, in games of chance
- a gambling game played with dice
- any small cubes, as of food
Origin of diceMiddle English dis, plural : see die
- to lose by gambling with dice
- to cut (vegetables, etc.) into small cubes
- to mark with a pattern of cubes or squares; checker
Origin of dicefrom a call in craps disallowing a throwInformal
- no: used in refusing a request
- no success, luck, etc.