- tending to depress
- characterized by psychological depression
a person suffering from psychological depression
- Tending to depress or lower.
- Depressing; gloomy: “Americans entertained the depressive thought that they had ceased to be themselves” ( Lance Morrow )
- Of or relating to depression as a mood disorder.
A person who is affected with depression as a mood disorder.
(comparative more depressive, superlative most depressive)
- A person suffering from depression.
From French dépressif or medieval Latin depressivus