depressive[dē pres′iv, di-]
- tending to depress
- characterized by psychological depression
a person suffering from psychological depression
- Tending to depress or lower.
- Depressing; gloomy: “Americans entertained the depressive thought that they had ceased to be themselves” (Lance Morrow).
- Of or relating to psychological depression.
A person suffering from psychological depression.
(comparative more depressive, superlative most depressive)
- A person suffering from depression.
From French dépressif or medieval Latin depressivus