denominationalism[-nā′s̸hən əl iz′əm]
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio.
- denominational principles
- a denominational system
- acceptance or support of such principles or system
- division into denominations
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- The tendency to separate into religious denominations.
- Advocacy of separation into religious denominations.
- Strict adherence to a denomination; sectarianism.
- de·nomˌi·naˈtion·al·ist noun & adj.