From French délimitation
The definition of a delimitation is a boundary line or an outer limit.
When a fence outlines the boundaries of a property, this is an example of delimitation.
- The question of the delimitation of the frontier between Peru and the neighbouring republics of Ecuador, Colombia,.
- This delimitation places the whole of southern Arabia, east of this line, within the British sphere of influence, which thus includes the district surrounding Aden (q.v.), the Hadramut and Oman with its dependencies.
- During the last months of President Uriburu's administration, matters had reached a climax, especially in connexion with the delimitation in a district known as the Puna de Atacama.
- The definition of boundaries and their delimitation is one of the most important parts of political geography.
- (The delimitation commission proved that the Nuon does not flow into the Cavalla, but about 6° 30' N.