The center of town in Delft.
city in W Netherlands: pop. 92,000
- A style of glazed earthenware, usually blue and white.
- Pottery made in this style.
Origin of delftAfter Delft (where it was first made).
A city of southwest Netherlands southeast of The Hague. Chartered in 1246, it is noted for its fine pottery, which has been produced here since the 1500s.
- A style of blue and white earthenware.
After the Dutch city of Delft.
- A delf; a mine, quarry, pit or ditch.
Variant of delftware
- glazed earthenware, usually blue and white, which originated in Delft
- any similar ware