- a stitch, as in embroidery or for sewing a patch, formed from two stitches crossed in an
- needlework made with this stitch
to sew or embroider with this stitch
- A double stitch forming an X in sewing and embroidery.
- Needlework made with X-shaped stitches.
verbcross-stitched, cross-stitch·ing, cross-stitch·es
To make or embroider with X-shaped stitches.
To work in the fashion of X-shaped stitches.
(countable and uncountable, plural cross-stitches)
(third-person singular simple present cross-stitches, present participle cross-stitching, simple past and past participle cross-stitched)
- (intransitive) To embroider with such stitches.