courthouse definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a building in which law courts are held
- ☆ a building that houses the offices of a county government
- ☆ a county seat: used in names of towns or cities
courthouse definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A building housing judicial courts.
- a. A building housing the offices of a county government.b. A county seat.