This is a cougar.
This woman could be called a cougar.
- The definition of a cougar is an older woman who dates much younger men.
An example of a cougar is Demi Moore who, for many years, was married to Ashton Kutcher who was several years younger than Demi.
- A cougar is defined as a large powerful tan colored cat with a slender body and long tail.
An example of cougar is a mountain lion.
- a large, powerful, tawny cat (Puma concolor) with a long, slender body and a long tail; puma; mountain lion: it was once found widely from Canada to Patagonia but is now an endangered species
- Slang an older, typically middle-aged, woman who dates or aggressively pursues much younger men
Origin of cougarFrench couguar, contr. (by the Comte de Buffon) ; from cuguacuara, faulty transcription of Portuguese çuçuarana, for Tupí susuarana, literally , false deer ; from suusú, deer + rana, false: so named from its color
- A large powerful wild cat (Puma concolor syn. Felis concolor) chiefly of mountainous regions of the Americas, having an unmarked tawny body and a long tail. Also called catamount, mountain cat, mountain lion, panther, puma; Also called regionally painter.
- Slang A woman, especially one over 30, who romantically pursues or attracts younger men.
Origin of cougarFrench couguar, alteration (influenced by jaguar, jaguar) of Portuguese çuçuarana, from Tupí suasuarana : suasú, deer + rana, like (from its color).