- any of several trees whose wood is very light; specif.,
- ☆ the only species (Leitneria floridana) of a family (Leitneriaceae, order Leitneriales) of dicotyledonous shrubs or small trees found in swampy regions of the SE U.S.
- ☆ the balsa
- the wood of any of these trees
See corkwood in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- A deciduous shrub or small tree (Leitneria floridana) native to wet regions of the southeast United States and having soft lightweight wood.
- See balsa.
- Any of certain Australian shrubs or small trees of the genus Duboisia having leaves used for the commercial extraction of belladonna alkaloids.