- The definition of a coordinating conjunction is a word that connects phrases and words.
An example of a coordinating conjunction is the word "and" in the sentence, "Sally went to the park, and she went to the grocery store."
a conjunction that connects coordinate words, phrases, or clauses (Ex.: and, but, for, or, nor, yet, so)
A conjunction that connects two identically constructed or syntactically equal grammatical elements, such as or in They don't know whether they're coming or going.
- (grammar) A conjunction that joins two grammatical elements of the same status or construction.
- The coordinating conjunctions in English are and, but, so, or, nor, for, and yet.
- Or is a coordinating conjunction in the sentence I can't tell whether it's day or night, day and night both being singular nouns.
- attributive form of coordinating conjunction, noun.