- The definition of citizenship is the status of being a citizen, along with the rights, duties and privileges of being a citizen.
An example of citizenship is someone being born in the United States and having access to all the same freedoms and rights as those already living in the US.
- the status or condition of a citizen
- the duties, rights, and privileges of this status
- a person's conduct as a citizen
The status of a citizen with its attendant duties, rights, and privileges.
(countable and uncountable, plural citizenships)
- The status of being a citizen.