CIP definition by Webster's New World
CIP definition by Wiktionary
- Common Isochronous Packet
- Common Industrial Protocol
- (incoterm) Carriage and Insurance Paid to
- (pathology) congenital insensitivity to pain
cip - Computer Definition
(2) (Common Industrial Protocol) A high-level protocol used for control networks that provides an object model for services at layer 7 of the OSI model. DeviceNet, Ethernet/IP, ControlNet, CIP Sync and CIP Safety are examples of control networks that use CIP.