- dancing, esp. ballet dancing
- the arrangement or the written notation of the movements of a dance, esp. a ballet
- the art of devising dances, esp. ballets
Origin of choreographyClassical Greek choreia, dance + -graphy
- a. The art of creating and arranging dances or ballets.b. A work created by this art.
- Something, such as a series of planned situations, likened to dance arrangements.
Origin of choreographyFrench chorégraphie : Greek khoreia, choral dance; see chorea + -graphie, writing (from Latin -graphia, -graphy).
(countable and uncountable, plural choreographies)