- dancing, esp. ballet dancing
- the arrangement or the written notation of the movements of a dance, esp. a ballet
- the art of devising dances, esp. ballets
Origin of choreographyClassical Greek choreia, dance + -graphy
- a. The art of creating and arranging dances or ballets.b. A work created by this art.
- Something, such as a series of planned situations, likened to dance arrangements.
Origin of choreographyFrench chorégraphie Greek khoreia choral dance ; see chorea . -graphie writing ( from Latin -graphia -graphy )
(countable and uncountable, plural choreographies)