Pink chiffon fabric.
chiffon definition by Webster's New World
- a sheer, lightweight fabric of silk, nylon, etc.
- ribbons, laces, etc. used as accessories to a woman's dress
Origin: French diminutive of chiffe, a rag, piece of cloth ; from uncertain or unknown; perhaps Arabic šiff, light garment
- made of chiffon
- Cooking made light and porous as by the addition of stiffly beaten egg whites: lemon chiffon pie
chiffon definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A fabric of sheer silk or rayon.
- Ornamental accessories, such as ribbons or laces, for women's clothing.
- Of, relating to, or resembling the fabric chiffon.
- Made light and fluffy by the addition of beaten egg whites or gelatin: a lemon chiffon pie.
Origin: French, rag, chiffon, from chiffe, old rag, perhaps variant of Old French chipe, of Germanic origin.