- a single-breasted topcoat, usually with a fly front and a velvet collar
- a kind of sofa, heavily stuffed and with upright ends
- Cdn. any sofa
Origin of chesterfieldafter a 19th-c. Earl of Chesterfield
, Fourth Earl of. Title of Philip Dormer Stanhope. 1694–1773.
- A single- or double-breasted overcoat, usually with concealed buttons and a velvet collar.
- Chiefly Northern California & Canada A sofa.
Origin of chesterfieldAfter a 19th-century earl of Chesterfield.
- A market town in Derbyshire, England
- any of a number of other settlements