- The definition of a cheerleader is someone who supports a sports team with chants and movements, or a person who energetically supports something.
- An example of a cheerleader is a woman on the field during a football game that leads the stadium in chants.
- An example of a cheerleader is a person who supports a politcal candidate in her neighborhood.
A young cheerleader at work.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- a person who leads others in cheering for a team, as at football games
- a person who enthusiastically promotes or supports a cause
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- One who leads the cheering of spectators, as at a sports contest.
- One who expresses or promotes thoughtless praise; an adulator.