A woman at a supermarket checkout counter.
checkout definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the act or place of checking out purchases, as in a supermarket
- the time by which one must check out of a hotel, etc.
- a testing, esp. of a machine, as for accuracy
checkout definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The act, time, or place of checking out, as at a hotel, library, or supermarket.
- A test, as of a machine, for proper functioning.
- An investigation; an inspection.