Baseball an off-speed pitch thrown with the same motion as a faster pitch, so as to deceive the batter
- Alternative form of change-up.
Probably alteration of change-of-pace
(third-person singular simple present changes up, present participle changing up, simple past and past participle changed up)
- (intransitive, baseball) To throw a pitch at a much slower than expected speed.
- He changed up on Wilson after three fastballs and struck him out.
- (intransitive) To confuse someone by doing something unexpected or in an unexpected way.
- I thought that we were going to study the project some more, but then he came back from the weekend and changed up, making it a top priority.