- an ornament, bowl of flowers, etc. for the center of a table
- anything regarded as the most important feature, component, or member
- Something in a central position, especially a decorative object or arrangement placed at the center of a table.
- The central or most important feature: “Now comes decontrol, the centerpiece of [the President's] energy program” ( Tom Alexander )
- Consider a deep red tablecloth and napkins, with gold chargers under your plates and a centerpiece made of natural materials: poinsettias, wood, and faux flowers and fruits (think faux sugar plums) would all make great additions.
- African music varies from country to country, but it generally can be called folk music, in the sense that the music preserves cultural stories and traditions and is the centerpiece of many important occasions in African life.
- Developed in the late 1960s by the father-and-son team of Kavi Yogi Swarananda Mani Finger and Alan Finger, ISHTA is similar to most existing forms of yoga in that it makes asana and pranayama the centerpiece of its training.
- In fact, butterfly favors can accentuate any wedding reception centerpiece for a quaint touch, or they may be part of an overall butterfly theme, a jungle or tropical motif, or a wildlife conservation decorative scheme.
- Michaels Store offers plenty of ideas, from a fall leaf wreath to a fall maple leaf basket arrangement to an autumn votive centerpiece that are sure to enhance any autumn wedding decorations you all ready have planned.