- alt. pl. of calf
- pl. of calf
Three little calves.
- The definition of calves are the back of the lower part of the legs.
An example of calves are the parts of the legs that get tight on runners.
- Calves are defined as baby cows.
An example of calves are newborn cows.
Plural of calf1
Plural of calf2
- Most of the losses are calves, though.
- Calves constitute about one-twelfth of the total number of cattle.
- She stumbled through the deep sand until her calves ached and her breathing was hard.
- The plot of ground which can support a single cow (or 2 heifers, 3 calves or sheep, 4 pigs or 8 goats) is called a Kuhstoss (of which there are 270,389 in Switzerland), and it is in these terms that the productiveness of the alp is reckoned.
- Grass had already begun to grow on the garden paths, and horses and calves were straying in the English park.