- an agreement to buy something in return, as by a supplier to buy its customer's product
- a sale whereby something sold is repurchased from the buyer by the seller or original owner
- Finance the buying by a corporation of its own stock in the open market in order to reduce the number of outstanding shares
See buyback in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- An act of buying something that one previously sold or owned.
- The repurchase of stock by the company that issued it, as to reduce holdings of a single investor or increase the value of shares by reducing their number.
Learn more about buyback