- the point at which a rocket's fuel or oxidizer is completely burned up and the rocket enters its free-flight phase or is jettisoned
- damage caused by overheating
- a state of emotional exhaustion caused by the stresses of one's work or responsibilities
- Slang a person in a state of mental or physical exhaustion, as from dissipation or overwork, and therefore fatigued, unmotivated, etc.
See burnout in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- A failure in a device attributable to burning, excessive heat, or friction.
a. The termination of rocket or jet-engine operation because of fuel exhaustion or shutoff.
b. The point at which this termination occurs.
a. Physical or emotional exhaustion, especially as a result of long-term stress or dissipation.
b. One who is worn out physically or emotionally, as from long-term stress.
Learn more about burnout