Variant of budget
- Obsolete a bag, pouch, or purse, or its contents
- a collection of items; stock
- a plan or schedule adjusting expenses during a certain period to the estimated or fixed income for that period
- the cost or estimated cost of living, operating, etc.
- the amount of money needed or allotted for a specific use
Origin: Middle English bougette ; from Old French diminutive of bouge: see budge
- to put on or in a budget; provide for in a budget
- to plan (expenditures or activities) according to a budget
- to plan in detail; schedule: budget your time
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.