- the skin of a buck
- a soft, usually napped, yellowish-gray leather made from the skins of deer or sheep
- ☆ a yellowish-gray horse
- clothes or shoes made of buckskin
- ☆ an American backwoodsman of earlier times
made of buckskin
See buckskin in American Heritage Dictionary 4
a. The skin of a male deer.
b. A soft, grayish-yellow leather usually having a suede finish, once made from deerskins but now generally made from sheepskins.
- buckskins Clothing, especially breeches or shoes, made from buckskin.
- A person who wears buckskins, especially an American backwoodsman or soldier in the Revolutionary War.
- A horse of a grayish-yellow color.
Learn more about buckskin