- any of a series of rhythmic electric impulses given off by nerve centers in the brain: they produce oscillations on an electroencephalogram and are usually measured during rest
- Informal a sudden inspiration; brainstorm
brain wavebrain wave
- A rhythmic fluctuation of electric potential between parts of the brain, as seen on an electroencephalogram.
- Informal A sudden inspiration.
(plural brain waves)
- Alternative form of brainwave.
- Stage two sleep involves a change in brain-wave patterns and increased resistance to arousal and accounts for 45-55 percent of total sleep time.
- Brain-wave monitoring of REM sleep with an electroencephalograph (EEG) reveals a low-voltage, fast-frequency, non-alpha wave record.