A blackbird in the snow.
- any of various passerine birds (family Icteridae) of the New World, the males having almost entirely black plumage, as the red-winged blackbird or the grackle
- a common European thrush (Turdus merula)
- Any of various New World birds of the family Icteridae, such as the grackle or red-winged blackbird, the male of which has black or predominantly black plumage.
- A Eurasian and African songbird (Turdus merula), the male of which is black with a yellow bill. Also called merle1, ouzel.
- A (common) true thrush, Turdus merula, found in woods and gardens over much of Eurasia, and introduced elsewhere.
- A variety of New World birds of the family Icteridae (26 species of icterid bird).
Origin A blackbird (Turdus merula)
From black + bird.
How would you define blackbird? Add your definition here.
comments powered by