Having to do with or used during birth: a birthing counselor.
The act of giving birth.
- Of or relating to birth.
- The act of giving birth.
- (nautical) Anything added to raise the sides of a ship.
- At Mayday Birth Center there is a midwife-only unit with birthing pools, beanbags, subtle lighting and a homely atmosphere.
- Improving communication skills is also a large part of the education plan in Lamaze; this will allow the woman and her partner to communicate more effectively with each other during labor and with the members of the birthing team.
- Most laboring women need other comfort techniques such as aromatherapy, massage, birthing ball use, position changes, hot/cold therapy, hydrotherapy, hypnosis/meditation/imagery, or even acupressure to help with childbirth.
- However, it is important to remember that the Lamaze breathing exercises can be adapted to suit your particular needs during labor; the end goal is to make you feel confident and secure during your birthing process.
- Having a knowledgeable woman who can offer birthing knowledge, position options, and comfort techniques as well as emotional and physical support decreases the need for the interventions that can lead to c-sections.